Saturday, February 8, 2014

I “heart” U

Red heart  Using stamps 110/111/112 to create my first Valentine card of the season.  Entering this into Simon Says Monday Challenge.  These hearts were gifted to me a long time ago and I didn’t keep the packaging so no idea who the designer was.  I stuck three of them onto my stamp press and then inked them up with markers and pressed them three times across the the card.  I had this wonderful piece of designer paper left over from a previous project and thought it made a nice border.  It needed a bit of darker color to it so the eggplant cardstock scrap made a nice scallop border.  Adding a couple of strips of gold glitzy ribbon sparked it up to Be My Valentine card.  Open-mouthed smile  I am also entering this into a new challenge blog for me, Pixies Crafty Workshop, to use snippets or scraps on your project.  Right up my alley.  Mrs Frugal Stamper that I am.  Open-mouthed smile 

IMG_3741

SUPPLIES:

Images: Unknown

Dies:  MFT Single Scallop

Gold Ribbon from Hobby Lobby

Heidi Swapp Designer Paper

Inks:  SU markers in Perfectly Plum –Old Olive- Apricot Appeal

10 comments:

  1. Ah... once you've entered the snippet playground, you'll never look at your scraps the same again! I love this card. For some reason I thought your hearts were actually textured but now I see it is just your excellent stamping. You are right about the designer paper being fun. It goes well with the card and makes for a frolicking good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the snippet playground. We have loads of fun round here. Were goner be making an ark cos of all the wet weather and Miss is tired of us complaining that we can't play out. We would use the tree house but someone poked their pogo stick through the roof and it leaks now. Hope you collected up all the fallout from your fancy strip and put it in your ickle snippet pot? You do have an ickle snippet pot don't you?
    Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. don't believe anything you hear about me cos its all lies. I'm as sane as the next chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Janeen . . . and welcome to the Snippets Playground . . . where we definitely like to have a laugh and enjoy lots of fun in our virtual playground. You'll no doubt hear all about Mrs A's famous duck pond exploits and her penchant for fireman . . . I'm saying nuffin more!

    Your snippets card is just great and I love your stamped out hearts and pretty punched border.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janeen!

    Welcome to the Playground! Such a pretty card and perfect for the run up to Valentine's Day. Gosh I do love that border and the heart are really lovely.

    I see that some of the girls have already visited you to say 'Hello'. You be fine with us so long as you don't get involved in Mrs A's exploits. And about the chickens - Sam (another Playmate) has named two of her chickens Mrs A and Miss Di :) Told you, it's a slightly crazy place to come and play!!

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet valentine! Love that gold trim and the hearts are always perfect for valentines! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the playground, and with a fabulous card, love the colours and the papers.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome go the playground! It's a great place for using up your scraps! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janeen, beautiful card and lovely to see you joining us in the snippet playground. Many thanks for visiting earlier and leaving such a lovely comment on my patchwork card - it's much appreciated. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there. Welcome to the playground. You will love it hearas we are all very friendly and Miss is wonderful!
    Pretty card with lovely colours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, I like heart stamps and the way you used them.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete

Thanking you for leaving sweet comments. They make my day brighter.